All About Cheesecake Day
July 30th is International Cheesecake Day!
Here’s everything you want to know!
History of Cheesecake Day
Cheesecake is one of the most delicious and indulgent desserts in the world. Over the past 100 years, cheesecake has made its mark on the world with growing popularity. That’s why in 1985 when, Patti Jewel, the daughter of a home baker who loved cheesecake, decided it needed a day of it’s own to celebrate. She spent the summer trying to perfect a homemade cheesecake and when she finally perfected her own cheesecake recipe she thought it was a time for a celebration.
Since its inception, it has become an international holiday that people around the world love to celebrate! It’s a day to indulge and enjoy having a slice of cheesecake.
Now we have lots of varieties of cheesecakes and lots of cheesecake days! Which ones will you celebrate?
About Cheesecake Days
Cheesecake Days are global celebrations for the love of Cheesecake.
Eateries, Bakeries and home bakers around the globe unite to celebrate these yummy days and indulge in delicious cheesecake!
Share your fun #CheesecakeDay
Did You Know?
- The Original Cheesecake Day was first conceived in 1985 and didn't start to trend until it was published online in 2001. Learn more.
- Since then, it has become one of the most popular foodie days that is spreading globally
- Cheesecake is one of the first sweet desserts dating back to the ancient Greeks who invented it
- Cheesecake comes in lots of varieties and cities and countries around the world have their signature cheesecakes
- There are currently 14 Cheesecake Days celebrating the delicious varieties of Cheesecake
Our Cheesecake Committee
We are cheesecake lovers, bakers, and business owners led by Holiday expert Patti Jewel. Our passion is to share the love of cheesecake with the world and enjoy a variety cheesecakes on these user recommended cheesecake days. Is there a cheesecake you'd like to see celebrated? Contact us and submit it for consideration. Our cheesecake committee will vote on it and notify you if the cheesecake will get it's own day!